Here, you will learn how to turn off Apple Watch comes with series watchOS 3, 4, and 5.
All models have the same procedure to turn apple watch off and on.
Although, you don’t need to shut off the watch often, but there may be some cases where you need to turn off your I smartwatch.
In such cases you need to follow below steps –
How to Turn Off Apple Watch?
Note – User cannot turn off this smartwatch while the device is charging. You need to first disconnect and then go for below steps to turning off the watch.
1) Press and hold the side oval shape button until you see three different options; Power Off, Medical ID, Emergency SOS.
2) Swipe the Power off option to right to turn it off.
How to Turn on?
1) Press and hold the side button for a while.
2) After few seconds, Apple logo will appear in the middle of the screen.
3) Later in few seconds, your Apple watch display will turn on.
That’s it, this is how you can turn off and on your I watch in just few steps.
Now, let’s discuss several frequently asked questions people often come across while turning on and off the watch.
Why is My Apple Watch Not Turning on?
The most common reason for this would a faulty Apple Watch Charger or the device is not charged.
Try charging the device for a while and see if it will work. If the problem persists then you need to make sure about below things –
- Make sure that you are not using incorrect charger.
- Ensure that the cable and an adapter is not damaged.
- Clean the watch and its back properly.
- Try different power outlet, charging cable, and charging pad.
How Long Should Apple Watch Take to Turn on Ideally?
Apple Watch will take about 2 to 3 minutes to turn on fully if there’s no other issue.
Can I Turn Off Apple Watch While Charging?
No, you cannot.
Experts advice to turn apple watch off after disconnecting it from the charger.
Should I Turn My Apple Watch Off When Not in Use?
Well it is not necessary to shut off your Apple watch when not in use.
However, if you are worrying about the battery life then you can try other workarounds like below to save battery even when you are not using the watch –
- Try turning off the wake screen on wrist raise feature
- Turn off background app refresh option
- Update the watchOS software
- Turning on reduce motion option will surely save you some battery while not in use.
In brief, this is all about how to turn off apple watch and turn it on anytime when you in need.
Above steps will work for almost all series including watchOS 3, 4, 5, and 6.